As mentioned yesterday, the network conflict problem was solved. Beta customers that joined today, have no changes to make. Unfortunately, everyone else should make a change if you want multiple systems to run simultaneously.
Changes for sites that have previously downloaded
1. Download z86.exec from mantissa ftp site (binary fixed lrecl 80) to replace previous Z86 EXEC A.
2. Update the z/VM Directory to add the Additional Record (in bold) and perform a DIRECTXA USER DIRECT
USER Z86IO Z86IO 9G 20G G INCLUDE Z86PROF OPTION MAXCONN 2000 NICDEF 0100 TYPE QDIO LAN SYSTEM VSW86 MACID FFFF02 NICDEF 0110 TYPE QDIO LAN SYSTEM VSW86 MACID FFF202 MDISK 0195 3390 <start_cyl> 00010 <volid> MR Z86IO Z86IO Z86IO MDISK 0200 3390 <start_cyl> 05000 <volid> MR Z86IO Z86IO Z86IO
3. Update PROFILE Z86 on Z86MNT ID with the 2 Additional Records (in bold)
/* */ zio_start = Z86IO vnicadr = 0100 vswitch = VSW86 x86hd = 0200 zio_end = Z86IO
z86_start = DEMODSL io_server= Z86IO module = V0R3C4M MODULE A vncport = 2001 vnicadr = 0110 /* Add this record */ pcimage = dsl.img VMIMAGE = DSL0602 IMG A z86_end = DEMODSL
z86_start = SME8 io_server= Z86IO module = V0R3C4M MODULE A vncport = 1999 vnicadr = 0100 /* Add this record */ pcimage = sme.img vmimage = SME8 IMG A z86_end = SME8
4. In the original post, we neglected to inform you that you must issue z86 (DEFINE=ALL in order for these changes to take effect. You could also issue z86 (INSTALL, but that command will take more time to execute.
5. Now you can issue z86 (START=ALL and the network conflict should be resolved.